For a 30000km BMW service, BMW recommends that a more thorough check of your car be done. This check is commonly referred to as the “Inspection 1.” It includes inspecting several components underneath your BMW, checking the tires and wheels, doing several kinds of verifications under the hood and inspecting the body and interior.
Tire Rotation Intervals. Examples of some of the verifications done include checking the exhaust system for leaks and overall condition, inspecting the parking brake cables, checking the whole steering system, verifying the tire pressure on all tires, inspecting tires for wear, reading the onboard diagnostic system, checking all fluid levels, checking the instrument panel, verifying that the washer and wiper system operates properly and checking the mirrors.
- Many of the Same Services from 15,000 Km Interval
- Check Brake Pads – Replace as Needed
- Suspension and Shock Check
- Check Fuel Filter – Replace as Needed
For your 60,000 km BMW service, BMW recommends that the “Inspection 2” be performed. This involves verifying all of the components in the first inspection (done at 30,000 miles), as well as doing additional inspection work. This includes checking the parking brakes, replacing all air filters, replacing the spark plugs, examining the flexible boots to see if they’ve developed a leak and inspecting the car body for signs of rust. After the 60,000 Km inspection is completed, a short road test should be done to ascertain that the car is running fine.
- Many of the Same Services from 30,000 Km Interval
- Replace Battery as Needed
- Inspect Brake Rotors – Replace as Needed
- Check for Wear on Belts and Hoses – Replace as Needed
Once you’ve driven for 90,000 Km, for most models of BMW cars built after the year 1999, the manufacturer simply recommends that the “Inspection 1” be repeated again. This means that all of the components that were inspected and changed after 30,000 Km will be serviced again.
- Many of the Same Services from 60,000 Km Interval
- Top to Bottom Inspection
- Check Spark Plugs – Replace as Needed
- Inspect Vehicle Safety Technology Features